There are no open employment opportunities at this time.
Internship OpportunitiesReview Available Internship Opportunities
- Communications—contribute to social media, the agency blog/website, and external communications.
- Community Relations—serve as a representative of GEN in the community, table at outreach events, and assist with the recruitment, screening, and training of agency volunteers.
- Direct Service—contribute to curriculum review and revision, provide support on-site with programming, and facilitate groups at elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Fundraising—assist with projects necessary to sustain programs for girls and gain valuable skills in a nonprofit Development Department.
- Pathfinder Leadership Summit Intern— will assist in various aspects of delivering our Pathfinder Leadership Summit, a personal and professional leadership development program for young women in high school.
- Project Management—help plan our annual We Are Girls conference which serves 3,000+ parents, girls and educators in November (with events in Austin and Houston), as well as contribute to marketing/PR efforts and initiatives for our camps, Pathfinder program, and special projects.
Each of these internship positions can also contain a direct service component, helping to lead our self esteem building programs with girls, if desired.
GEN is seeking strong leaders with a passion for girls’ issues to fill a number of unpaid internships within our agency. All interns must be committed to the mission of GEN, be team-oriented, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have reliable transportation. Internships typically last one semester (fall, spring or summer) and are anywhere from 10-40 hours/week. Please use the application form to specify which areas of our work you are most interested in. Thank you for considering GEN for your internship! To apply, download the application form GEN Internship Application, fill it out and send it to email@example.com.
Internship Application Procedures
Applicants are interviewed and selected on a rolling basis.
1) Please save your internship application and your resume using the following naming system. Application: Lastname_Internship_Application.doc
Resume: Lastname_Internship_Resume.doc (submission optional)
2) Send your completed application material to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line: Your name, internship.
Notice: GEN DOES NOT accept paper, mailed or faxed applications. Please use an appropriate word processing program such as MS Word to submit your application materials. Also, please note that submitting a resume is optional.
There are lots of ways you can get involved! Being a non-profit, volunteer organization means that we rely on people like YOU to support us! Please fill out our volunteer form to get more information!
Donate directly to the Girls Empowerment Network today! Due to our low administrative expenses, almost every dollar donated directly effects the life of a girl. Make a change in the life of a girl now by making our programs possible.
Host a House Party!
Host a House Party!
We need your help!
The Girls Empowerment Network wants you to host a party to benefit central Texas girls in the 3rd-12th grades and the adults who care about them. Every dollar raised at the party goes toward our scholarship challenge – our goal to scholarship any interested girl in 4th through 12th grade into the GEN program of her choice.
Become a Host:
To host a party, all we ask is that you:
1. Open your home to your friends and colleagues
2. Send out invitations (we have a sample and are happy to help)
3. Supply food and drinks of your choice
The Girls Empowerment Network will provide a dynamic presentation, compelling statistics about girls today, and a truly meaningful networking opportunity for you and your friends!
If you want to be a House Party Host, please fill out our volunteer form.