Who can apply: Girls in 9th-12th grade during the 2017-2018 school year
Dates: Monday, June 12th- Saturday, June 17th
Location: Mon.-Fri.- Girls Empowerment Network’s Office, 3000 S IH 35, Suite 400, Austin, TX 78704/ Saturday Retreat- TBD
Times: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm/ Saturday retreat- 10am-7pm
Cost: $450, scholarships available.
Contact Blair Stirek at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call 512-808-4044 ext.106.
What Pathfinders Do
- Learn more about their strengths, skills and interests
- Cultivate leadership skills
- Practice professional communication
- Network in the Austin community
- Learn to set goals, manage stress and use time well
- Prepare to transition to a more independent life after high school
What is Included in Pathfinder
- Five days of self-discovery, goal-setting and skill building activities including networking opportunities, field trips and a luncheon with Austin women leaders
- End of Pathfinder, celebratory retreat
- Ongoing online discussion forum
- Ongoing leadership and service opportunities
What Pathfinders Gain
- Understanding of how to apply your strengths, interests and skills to reach new goals
- Insights and skills to pursue internships and jobs — today and in the future
- First-hand look at Austin businesses, organizations and career opportunities
- Connections with mentors who will give support, guidance and letters of recommendation
- Experience working alongside a diverse team of young women
- What Pathfinders Gain
- Find their unique strengths.
- Develop real world skills like interviewing and public speaking.
- Explore different industries and professions.
- Gain access to women leaders and professionals in the area.
- Create bonds and friendships with like-minded peers.